Euro Alfa rental, Arese Museo Storico

> Hertz rents 156s in Italy but they don't promise your choice of car,
> only take requests and guarantee a car in the class you've reserved;
> that's how I reserved a 156 and wound up with an Opel station wagon!

I don't know if this applies to Hertz in Italy, but on my last trip to
Germany, I discovered that Hertz has a "fun car" rental category.  17
months ago, the category included the MB CLK and SLK, the BMW Z3, the
Alfa Spider, the FIAT Barchetta, etc.

The hitch is that you cannot make a "fun car" reservation through Hertz
USA.  Also, Hertz did not allow one to take a car in this category into
countries that were formerly in the East Zone.

One way to procede would be to reserve a car from the US for only the
first couple days of your trip.  When you arrive in Europe, reserve the
'fun car' of your choice for the rest of your trip.

chrisp