Re: How do you clean a radiator overflow tank?

Thanks to the following people for suggestions
on cleaning my crusty radiator overflow tank:

Joe Fillip (use a bottle brush)
Sasha Nackovski (50% methylated spirits/50% hot soapy water, ball
bearings, shake!!)
John Hertzman (water/detergent, add pebbles, shake!!)
JOlsen1967@domain.elided (Muriatic acid, use gloves, don't shake!!!)

I might try the mechanical methods, although Muriatic acid
appeals to me from a laziness point of view I don't really
want that sort of stuff lying around with toddlers in
the house.  I wonder if vinegar is strong enough...

thanks everybody.

dave.
1975 Alfa Spider Veloce 2000 "rusty"
1978 Alfetta GTV 2000 "trusty"