RE: Lofty aspirations

Hi Brad, all

About the rollcage:
The SCCA General Competition Rules will tell you all you need to know.
Design requirements and recommendations are there, as are tubing thickness
and diameter requirements, (based on vehicle weight and tubing type (dom or
seam welded).  That said, unless you are looking forward to this part of the
project in and of itself, I _strongly_ recommend that you buy one or have
one built for you.  When building a rally car, with my characteristic
ignorant arrogance, I decided that there was no way I was going to pay $1000
(or whatever) for someone to bend a few pipes and weld them together.  I now
consider it to be a bargain.  It was an interesting, humbling experience,
but I probably ended up getting about $.50/hr with the money I saved.  Just
one person's experience--for what it's worth.

Damien