164 wheel cleaning/painting

While we're on this wheel cleaning thing, the wheels on my 164 were
severely neglected by the previous owner and also have tons of break dust
on them, as well as some scratches.  I was wondering if anyone has
refinished these wheels and what the process is.  I have access to a large
painting booth and a sandblasting unit.  Can 164 wheels be anodized and if
not, what type of paint needs to be used?  THanks
- -Ryan