Adjusting 93 Spider power window???

I need to adjust the power window on the passenger side of my 1993 Spider
Veloce.

I have the repair manual, and I have removed the door panel. I now have
access to the mechanism and wire.

The problem is, the manual isn't clear about HOW to adjust the window. The
problem I'm having is the window doesn't go up smoothly; it gets about
halfway and stops. I can see the window shifting its angle as it goes up, so
it appears to me that there's too much slack in the cable on the right side
(the side closest the back of the car).

The manual says to adjust the pulley or the two nuts holding the lower
bracket, to adjust tension. The pulley already appears to be adjusted to
maximum tension (it's all the way forward) and loosening the nuts on the
bracket doesn't appear to accomplish anything. Are I supposed to put shims
in there, or something?

Anyone else do this before?

Thanks,
- -Glenn