Removing the *&$#'n water pump in '83 Spider

I know this has been discussed numerous times recently but when I when to
the archives I couldn't get to the most recent posts.  Sooooo, I'll ask
again:

How do you remove the *&$#'n water pump?

It seems to me the crank shaft pulley needs to come off, but try as I may I
can't seem to make it happen.  One part of the CarDisc CD indicates tabs
from a locking mechanism but I can't feel them (I can't see them either).

Any suggestions appreciated.

Walter Colbourne
Kirkland (close to Seattle), WA
'83 Spider Veloce