spider firewall drains

Hi,
I seem to be getting some leakage onto the driver's side floormat in my
spider, and I was wondering (before I take it all apart) whether those
drains being clogged are even a possible cause of the leak. I would think
that the compartment under the vent grill between the hood and the base of
the windshield would have to get pretty full of water before it starts
leaking into the car. The water is landing in the middle of the floormat at
its lowest point. There's no water on the sill, so I don't think it's coming
in on the side by the window. The roof is new with no holes. This only shows
up when the car's been stationary in heavy rain. And even then it's
intermittent.
Anybody have any good suggestions for common leak points, taking into
account the above?
Thanks
Chris Keen
'77 spider