Cold start Spide with EFI

 "Zacharey Cox (Entex)" Wrote
Subject: re :please help (cold start problem)

"My check engine light is illuminated.  The car seems to run well after
warmed up, but is very difficult to start when cold
Can someone please provide some suggestions regarding which sensors/problems
might cause the fault code and symptoms?"

I'm having the same problem, if anyone replies offline please include
myself.  It takes roughly 10 cranks on the starter to fire up the motor when
cold.  When it's warm there are no problems.

Thank you,
Zach
Redmond, WA

PS- I've replaced the coolant temp sensor.

I'm writing:

Zach- and anyone else with EFI......., DO NOT just change things on your
Electronically Fuel Injected car with out running the codes from the
computer.  You will save so much $$$ in erroneously replaced parts that were
working just fine!

I have a MOTRONIC Spider.  The test button is located in the Pass Side well
that has a removable cover on the package shelf.  Just press the button, and
the codes will lead you i the right direction.  If you need the codes,
e-mail me and I'll forward for Motronic Spider.  What happens is the Check
Engine light will flash a four number code that corresponds to a specific
diagnosis.

Good luck

Oscar Perez
91 Spider, INDY