Alfa's return / Importing Alfas

Hey cats,

Am I the only one who sees how these two threads are
related? If Alfa started importing a GTV in 2001 or 2002
and they hadn't changed over to a new one yet, could it
become easier to import a 1995 or 1996 GTV?

Eye mean, eye'm cheap-like-dug. Won't spend $40K on
a car when I can get a 308 for $30K. That one's real simple.

Now if an entrepreneur decided on a few used ones, that
would look interesting. The parts would be available for
both maintenance and insurance claims. Would DMV
be the same situation as we've discussed so many times
before, or do things change. I'm sure there is some
precedence; a manufacturer releases a model in the home
land and a few years later it's available in the US. Can one
from the first year it was available in the homeland make
it's way to the US?

Someone knows.

Stefano
Oakland, CA