The worst that could happen

Well, it seems some of us have gotten into a real p***ing contest over the
return of Alfa to the US. In this corner we find the pro- vs. anti- USA
faction. It appears we Americans are trying to judge current Alfas using the
standards set by Alfas past. Fair enough. That's the only perspective most of
us have. Hopefully A LOT has changed in five years. In the other corner are the
pro- vs. anti- GM group. Hmm, not too many GM fans on this list. In the center
are the "sour-grapes" group. Many of these people complained when they could
not buy a new (or at least a used new) Alfa. Now that they may be given the
chance, they are disappointed that it won't be on their terms. Include in ths
group the people who won't buy FWD, those that feel Alfa was "saved" by the
wrong company (twice), those who don't want to see Alfa badged Camaros, etc.
Most (well, maybe some) of it makes great reading.

I, for one, am happy I will have a chance to buy a new Alfa. I probably will
buy one if they decide to import a model I like and can afford. (That would
include most, but not all, of the models in the line.) If Fiat proceeds with
its plan to show an Alfa at next year's Detroit Auto Show and sell thereafter,
they won't have time enough to "Americanize" it, so I figure it will be pretty
close to a pure Fiat/Alfa as sold today. I don't care whether it's FWD or RWD
or AWD. I won't be driving it on the track, just to work and on vacation. My
"old" Alfas are for recreation. I'd just like to keep the Alfa badge on my
daily driver after my 164 expires.

Rave on!

Bob Abhalter
Grand Rapids, Michigan (Yes, the roads are as bad as Eric says)
'91 164L
'69 Spider
'68 GTJunior