Follow-up: falling in love with Alfas

In another posting, I mentioned:

"And then the sun came out and the top came down, and Bronwen my almost
9-year-old daughter and I took the '74 out to buy goodies for my wife's
birthday dinner, and I fell in love with the Spider again."

I appear not to be the only one.

This morning, my wife informed me that Bronwen -- a budding
herpetologist about to get her second snake to go along with her three
red efts -- told her yesterday (that is, the day after our romp to the
store), "I don't want to be into reptiles after I grow up."

"Oh really?" Kim asked.

"No," Bronwen said.  "I want to be a race car driver."

I can see her now, the first woman to win the 24 Heures du Mans, driving
an Alfa no doubt...

 --Scott Fisher
   two Alfas, two Audis, at least one future race car driver