Re: John H. at the brass-rail????

In AD7-1445 Adam Doherty writes "I take it that John H., while a known
Alfa-phile etc, likes to hoist one, or more, at Jimmy's on the south-side? Or
is it another venue where he is to be found? Is he to be recognized by the
grease under his fingernails?"

Past tense. It has been so many decades since they biopsied the cirrhosis
(and I had to chose among lethal vices) that I have forgotten the name, but I
remember the way (and the peeling Farina Red paint on the tables). The last
time I had one there we parked the brand new Giulia Super (white, with
charcoal upholstery) directly outside the door. If Jimmy's is on 55th street,
two doors west of Woodlawn, that was it. Do they still have, in the back, a
shelf of reference books for students doing term papers?

The grease, yes, but even more by the scars left on his bald pate by the
Super's hood-latch. Worth it, though.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.