Please don't use Jag as an example...

MAXLTV@domain.elided wrote:

> Where is the proof that American ownership of a European brand ruins the car?
> If anything the opposite is true. Saabs, Astons, and Jags are better than

Please don't use Jaguar as an example

Jag = Ford with Green paint, that can't go more than a few laps
around a certain park in Melbourne, without showing it's true (Ford)
nature and breaking down.

In the 1950's and 60's Jaguar had a proud tradition of C-type, D-type
and E-type (including lightweight E-type racer) sports /GT cars and
Le Mans winners as well as the Mk II. Saloon's.

In the 1980's it was Touring cars (beating BMW etc at Spa and Bathurst
with the XJS) and Group-C sports cars, beating Porsche etc at Le Mans.

This was done with their own cars and their own engines (normally road
car based engines) winning the races.

Now it's a Badge/Paint engineering company, now racing in F1 where it
gets to be this years paint job on the Ford F1 team.

The GM deal may be OK for someone (maybe someone in U.S.A. who wants
to buy a Chev. with Alfa badges?) but please don't use Jag as an
example of what we have to look forward to.

The rest of the world were quite happy being able to buy a Alfa 156
twin spark or GTV. If we wanted to buy a Opel/Vauxhall/Chev/Saab
(and now Subaru it seems) we would.

On the otherhand it could always be worse, somehow, I guess?
- --
  Alex Jenner -  mailto:alexj@domain.elided