Re: Re: You're all crazy

at  Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:10:11 EST MAXLTV@domain.elided wrote
>If anything, it was Agnelli who destroyed Alfa's character.=20
>Don

I agree 100%.

Dear american friends... if ya will soon get those new alfas... well...
expect 'em to look nice, to be fast, to be reliable,.... but you will not
feel 'em ALIVE like all your old faithful ones.
Those METAL made old Alfas, those annoying troubles driving you crazy
but never serious enough to prevent the car to take you back home, those
fan noises, those vibrations, those oil leaks... all those behaviours
needing the owner to be a TRUE enthusiast, those behaviours making this
digest worth cuz 90% of our talks are about WEIRD troubles and wild=20
homemade solutions... well, forget about it.
When, one day, I'll be forced to buy a newer car, I will be dealing for
some newer Alfas cuz I like 'em, I will even love that car... but the=20
PASSION the HOT PASSION, the TRUE STRONG EMOTIONS taking you to stars=20
and then slamming you on the ground till next arise.... well... they=20
will be gone.
It's like when you are 40, married, with kids, money, house, living an happy
life, without troubles, and sometimes, you find yourself thinking=20
about when ya were 18, brainless, and wild dating with that wild babe ya
neither remember her name, without thinking about tomorrow, neither about=20
today.  You will surely realize that NOW you live better, but those emotions=
=20
are lost in the past, and you miss them.

I don't own an >1987< 75 Turbo because I found just that.  Actually, over
all the ones I evaluated, this is THE OLDEST. I wanted it to be a pure ALFA.
I wanted Passion, not just a nice sedan/sport car, cuz I could have bought
some
japanese coup=E9 in that case.

Passion my dear friends. PASSION.

I just hope that THERE, the Alfa return will be a well played card.
IF you all guys will be smart, you will be able to KEEP the name great
and not taking Alfas as poor family daily commuters, like too often are
taken here.

And one thing above all: buy new Alfas, but DO NOT GET RID OF OLD ONES.
If you are gonna sell the olders, please, select the buyer with care...
a collector or real enthusiat must be the next owner.  The next door
Johnny Kid doesn't sounds like the owner a proud Alfa deserves.

Luca

nodoubt,=20
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough