RE: John G, TTs, Alfas and AD V7#1434

Fellow Alfisti and all of the Lady Alfisti,

I do hope John G, submitted his discertation fully TIC (tongue in
cheek); but if not, I did enjoy a good ROTF (roll on the floor). At
least John had a little Alfa content.  I have been looking at the TT
Convertable as a modern but eclectic compliment to my 63 Spider which
needs to come out of hibernation in a couple of weeks here in Colorado.
Now since I cannot get a '156' here in the USA, I spent some time
looking at the new Audi 2.7T A6, 4 door this past weekend, this appears
to be a nice setup with the 6 speed or Tiptronic Auto.  Specs out 250hp,
quattro for a little over $44,500. Any opinions, other than hold out for
Alfa Romeos return to the USA in the next decade?

I really do need to get rid of my 99 Ford Diesel SUV/Truck :-)

> Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:51:29 -0000
> From: "John Griffiths" <john_alfa_griffiths@domain.elided>
> Subject: Audi TT versus new GTV V6
>
> Interesting to read the recent bits on the digest about the Audi TT (or
> "Titty" as it's lovingly known here in the UK). It appears that a number of
> Americans find this machine an attractive proposition?

- --
Don Suiter - 63 Giulia Spider, 88 Milano Gold
ACOC - http://www.csd.net/~suiter/acoc.html
ACOC tobe: http://www/alfaclubofcolorado.com/
ErEc Imaging - http://www.donsuiter.com/