Re: Fiat GM deal

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000, 3:35:43 PM Gene Brown <simigene@domain.elided> wrote:

>I can just see it now. Given GMs experence with aluminum engines
>(remember the Vega), GM will replace all of those aluminum Alfa engines
>with the well proven cast iron Blue Streak six from the GM vault. After
>all, if it was good enough for the 1953 Corvette it should be good
>enough for a little Italian car.

Now, now. If you are going to give GM a hard time for mistakes, give them credit for their successes; the small block chevy V8 is the most prolific engine to have ever been made. Originally designed in the mid fifties, this engine is still in production today, (of course with many changes). This engine has run in some form or another in nearly all of the sanctioning bodies and continues to run in many. The longevity of the small block design is in many ways similar to the longevity of the Alfa V6 design.

Michael Hazarian
Rx Productions