U-505, non alfa but . ..

Sorry to bother you, but I have a question for the US Alfisti.

During WWII my late uncle was in the Royal Navy and he was often
telling stories about a sub-marine that was capturerd by the US
Navy and brought to Chicago!!! He told me that it is a museum
now and that it was in quite good condition. The number of the sub
was U-505, German fleet. He also told me (when I was i kid in the
- -40's) that the sub was captured outside Africa??? and brought to
Boston?

Anybody on the digest who knows or can confirm or deny this. Once
again, sorry to take your time from the Alfa topics.

Saluti		Wille R in Scandinavia

Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce 1967
Alfa Romeo 145 Super 1995
http://www.veloce.nu