RE: plastic ground effect

I'd like to post the reply I received from Ralph Fetsch as an FYI or if
anyone was curious.

I love the digest!  Thanks all-

Op

Ralph Fetsch wrote:

Oscar:

The plastic ground effects are held on with two sided tape in addition to
the
plastic tyoe rivots. When I had my 91 repainted a couple a years ago the
shop
could not get it off either. Since my car was a Texas car all it's life
until we
moved to the Memphis, TN area three months ago, we left them on.

You might be able to get them off using a heat gun to soften up the tape and
pull them off. However, in doing so you may distort them and not be able to
put
them back on correctly. If the shop you are using is good at putting things
back
together with the double sided tape used today I'd try it.

Ralph Fetsch
Cordova, TN
1991 Spider Veloce w/auto 170,000+ miles
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider