Milano steering rack replacement

I have an 87 Verde whose rack has finally gone after 150,000 miles. I've
bought a rebuilt unit from IAP, and I have the manual for the Milano as
well. Unfortunately, the manual basically references all service work to the
GTV manual, saying the two systems are the same. So, what is the procedure
for replacement? It looks like the engine may need to be raised slightly to
gain access. Any help on the changeout procedure would be appreciated.

Jeff Jensen
San Francisco

87 Milano Verde