Giulia GT steering box and other stuff

First of all I think a big congratulations is in order to
our N.A. friends that you will finally after all the ranting
and raving on this list be able to buy new ARs.

Maybe we can lose the "would Alfas sell in N.A. if they were
here" thread?   :-)

So my grrrlfriend went to Rotterdam in Holland to work
(*sob*) but as a great encouragement she sent me a mail
saying that walking the street (missing me :-) ) she heard a
familiar sound behind her and just knew that in a few
seconds a 105 series Alfa would pass her - and sure enough -
a red GT 1750 passed. This is the woman of my life. Never
again will I meet an unattached woman who knows the sound of
an Alfa 4 cylinder engine from any all engine sounds - all
the rest of them are with you people :)

So anyway - I drove down last week to visit her. It's a 2000
km round trip to get there from Denmark including all the
little trips around the harbour we had to take so she could
enjoy riding the GT 1600 Junior again.

The trip went really well - it's the first longish trip I've
taken in my car - and it rumbled along at a steady 4000 revs
for hours along the autobahn.

So the problem - my steering has too much play making it a
little hairy to drive the autobahn in strong sidewind in the
driving rain. My car has the Burman steering box as far as I
can tell, and judging from the Brookland's manual (I don't
have the CarDisk yet) there is no adjustment screw in the
Burman - only on the ZF box. Is this true?

I know you are going to say KNUCKLES but they are all new
and as far as I can tell there is no play there - so it must
be in the box.

Sorry for the long post but I was so happy with my
girlfriend's enthusiasm with Alfa Romeo that I just had to
tell some people who would appreciate this.

Jacob Haagerup

'75 GT 1600 Junior (1750 engine)
'75 FIAT 500 L (Girlfriend's sitting in a barn)