Boots

Robert -
I think from the way you describe the boot that you have the Quad/Veloce type
boot.  The clips are used on the Graduate cover.  Your Q/V type boot
stretches all the way up to the back of the seats, correct?  In which case,
you have two studs near the trunk lid.  The leatherette cover reaches down
near the rear deck.  Besides the studs, there are snaps on the "b" post near
the top of the door.  My Veloce boot had short, maybe 4" straps with snaps
that clipped on near the bottom of the door.   One strap was broken when I
bought the car and the other broke the first time I tried to snap it.  I use
the upper snaps near the top of the door and let it flap a little bit.  (The
faster you go, the less the flapping will bother you.)  ;^)  Enjoy the top
down weather.

Gordy Hyde
NWARC
on the edge of Seattle