Alfa's Return

Great, now I can actually start saving up for a car worth buying. Yeap, a
FWD 156 2.5 V6 (Novitec turbo maybe or supercharged?). I was planning on
getting an Infiniti G20t (Nissan Primera eGT) this summer, but if I can
confirm that Alfa will come back, I'll probably wait on it. Say, a 156 V6,
silver, 16" 5 hole wheels, and sportpack 3 (recaro seats). Well I guess
that would be cool because my mom called me up one day and said she wanted
to get a 156 V6. And even better, the 155 V6 stays put.

I know that would mean I can retire my Milano permenantly
and use it as an all out fun car (roll cage, euro bumpers, porsche brakes,
ALFA CORSE stickers etc). But I will definitely run the 156 at Willow
Springs and kick ^&*. Believe me, I was doing quite well at Willow Springs
but still had a hard time trying to follow AROSC's Charlie
Theriot's(sp?) 164 through turn 9. That FWD barge would drift so nicely
while I was busy trying to settle my RWD Milano. And his 164 was
stock. FWD or not, new FWD Alfas are just better 8-). Things improve you
know.

Although now that I've thought about it, a 156 TS Turbo may be
better. Lighter front end. However, can any 16V TS owners out there
comment on the problem with the plastic tensioner cracking and high oil
consumption? I heard that some TS 16Vs have a propensity to consume a lot
of oil which causes the hydraulic lifter to make funny noises. And the
plastic tensioner piece tends to crack and break prematurely. I also heard
that the 156 V6 does not suffer from the slipping timing belt which the
3.0 24V suffers.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing Alfa here.

Zamani

p/s what about a 145 3.0 24V 8-)