Spider Quadrifoglio top boot

Hello everyone.

We've had some great weather lately so I've had the top down on my
Spider a lot the past few weeks.  I had never used the top boot
before, but since the top has been down so much I decided to put the
boot on.  It fits fine and stays on reasonably well, but it flaps
around a lot more than I expected.  There are some button snaps on
the boot that have no matching fasteners inside the car.  There were
fasteners at one time... it appears that they pulled out of the
plastic and have long since disappeared.  Then there are the "top
boot clips" that I've heard about and seen in the IAP catalog.  I
have no clips at all.

I get the feeling that I'm missing some pieces but I don't know what
they are or how to ask for them.  When I call IAP or Alfa Parts they
act like I'm speaking an alien language.  One of them was able to
tell me that there should be holes in the top boot to accept the
clips.  There are no holes in mine (I have two top boots; neither one
has holes).

Would someone shed some light on this?  I can just imagine the boot
flying off while doing 80.  uh, kph, that is.  Yeah.

Thanks!

  -Robert, San Jose, CA, US
   1985 GTV6
   1987 Spider Quadrifoglio
- --

  Robert Abatecola       | Internet Connectivity, VPN, DSL, ISDN,
  The Stradivarian Group | Low Cost Web Hosting, Network Consulting,
  (408) 257-4482         | Software Development, Database Development,
  robert@domain.elided       | Mac OS/UNIX/Linux/Windows, Sys Admin