33 16V overtemp

Hi.
I have a 33 16V model 92 (no cat), since a couple of months ago.
During the first days, I have a problem with the radiator fan.
In a traffic jam, the engine temperature goes up, since the fan didn't
start. The overtemp light goes on. I continue driving in this condition,
for 2 or 3 minutes, until I be able to park. I think the temp reach
a value near 110/120 degrees.
After an emergency repair (a direct connection from the batery to the
fan) I continue my trip, with the temp on normal values.
My mechanic, found a bad connection in the fan circuit.
Well, this is the past history.
After that, I never have an overtemp again, but I think the engine is
working at very high temp values.
The radiator fan starts at values very, very close of 100 degress.
Before the 33 16V, I had a 33 Imola (1.5 engine) and I think the engine
temp never reach values so high.

My questions are:

- - - Which must be the normal working temp in the 1.7 16V engine ?
- - - The overtemp incident, may have remove some rust, that is obstructing
  the circuit ?
- - - How can I notice if the working temp is normal ? Changes in radiator
  liquid level?

Any advice will be useful.
Many thanks and regards

Norberto