blaming alfas

I agree with alfabill to certain extend...

however, I blame bosch/zf/ate for major portion of what's been
blaming on alfa by most of the people/alfisti.

My theory is that all these german manufactures must have had
made some undertable decision to ship all 2nd grade parts
to Alfa factory.

Looking at my milano, components taht are most troublesome are made by
bosch (injection system, including little things from injection, stuck
AFM flaps, thermoswitches, etc etc etc), ate (stupid and caotic abs
and rear caliper design), and zf (unreliable steering rack, auto
tranny).  Even the simple ignition switch was german part! glad the
replacement part was italian. The power window switches that often
get stuck are also german... combo relays... just 2 relays stuck
together... $200?!?!?! BOSCH. ... see the trend here?!?!

And the 164, alfa bill mentioned about that lcd console display that
cost $2300 to replace. Flip it over and you see... guess what.. BOSCH!
And for those 94-95 automatics, those ZF electronic autobox just
don't work for very long before they fail.

Guess why Alfa finally gave up and went to Japan for those components
in the 166.

Jess