re:sex in a car

A few years ago I read in British "Cars" magazine.
An article talk about Italian people in general.
I remember it says that Italians had more sex experiences
in cars than British people not because they like it.
A lot of them live with their parents until they
are married.  Compared with British there is a high percentage
of unmarried Italian in their 30's that still lived with
their parents.  I can understand that because I saved
a lot of money living with my parents compared with other
people that had to rent in a small room.  Probably of
Catholic background, living together without marriage is
frowned upon by public in general ?  Just my guessing.
I don't have car when I was dating my wife so I had no
experience of that.  But we both agreed it is fun to think
about it but probably not very enjoyable to do it.

Karl