Sud 1972

Hi...

I want to make a comment on the Sud entry in the digest from Graham =
Hilder Subject: Alfasud in USA
I saw your Sud entry on the digest...you told there are 1.3 Suds TI from =
1972 ?? I think this is not correct.
In 1972 the production of the Sud started in Italy at the second half of =
that year. They only made the 1.2  4 doors Sud and only for the Italian =
Marked. In 1973 the export of this car did start. Halfway 1973 the Sud =
came with a brake booster and a heated rear window, later the 1.3 TI ( 2 =
doors ) was introduced.
I did own ( sold it past year ) a 1972 Sud ( so without brake booster =
and without heated rear window ) and with a 1.2 engine.
The interior of the car is very sober and it has rubber carpets on the =
floor. I think this is a unique car. I did try desperately to find more =
owners in Europe that have a Sud from 1972,  but I did not succeed, so I =
think there will be almost none left from that year.=20

You can find a picture of this car at my home page: =
home.wxs.nl/~evdbeek/index.html
under My Favourits - Alfa Sud

Okee.... bye...Eduard van de Beek - The Netherlands