RE: Royal Purple Synthetic oil

Dear alfisti,

It is possible to pass ASTM test with exceptional result
but has no actual benefit in real world usage.  For example
increase one chemical that will increase test of wear
protection under load by 400%.  But there is no such load
exist under normal or even extreme situation.  But the side
effect of increase this chemical is not good for daily usage.
That's why we need so many different kind of oils.  There
is simply no one magic oil can do it all.

There are even cases of oil company sending their gear oil
for one specific test for engine oil and passed with flying colors !  It is
all about doing business.  All is fair in love and war.
Human being by nature is just the most selfish animal on the earth.
This kind of lyings exist in all walk of life.  For example,
the updated version of software compiler I am using passed Bench
Mark test with exceptional result by simply recognizing Bench
Mark code( because Bench Mark code are standardized now ).
Hay, everybody is doing that and nobody want to be left behind.
Since most Bench Mark test does nothing but waste time to test
CPU power so theoretical compiler can just generate no code at
all for Bench Mark test !  How does that help your real code,
nothing.

OK, I am going too far.  But one last thing about error people
made when first switched to synthetic oil.  They want to justify
the money they spend.  So they stretched the oil change interval
accordingly.  Say synthetic oil cost three or four times as much as
mineral oil so it has to last at least four time as long.
Otherwise I AM NOT buying it !  If their engines are really
clean and their driving is long distance on highway this
may actally worked.  Well, what really happened is their dirty
engine now washed clean by synthetic oil has turn into the best
sanding oil in the world !  Normal oil filter can only stop dirt
size of 20-30 micrometer, the best of them using synthic material
with full depth trap in stead of surface trap of paper elements
can probably stop 15-20 micormeter particles.  But dirt particles
the size of around 1 to 5 micrometer is the most damaging of all.
No full flow oil filter in the world is designed to filter that
size of dirt - it will become clogged at no time.  No matter how
good, magical and tenacious the wonder oil is.  The dirty oil
will grind your engine parts down faster than your can say
"My god ! how did it happen ?".  Now you had finally justified
the extra money your spent because you will let dirty oil stay
much longer to do its most damaging job.  Expect to see rattling
bottom end as first and the most obvious sign of this damage.
The actual damage is much greater than that ratting sound you
can hear.

There is only one company that offer total solution to this.
The AMSOIL by-pass filter that can filter particles down to
one micrometer.

Karl