Model differences

I just bought an 89 Spider Veloce that had been wrecked and totaled.  A really sad story, the PO bought this
low mileage (38k) car less that two years ago then proceeded to spend $25k fixing it up.  New soft top, new
hard top, valve job, all new interior (leather seats, door panels, carpets), new panasports, new exhaust, paint
and body work...the list goes on and on.  Anyway on the way home from the upholstery shop she got hit on
three corners and bent the frame.
So I have a great parts car to try and make my beater 86 into a relatively new car.  I plan to pull entire drive
train (engine to rear end) and transplant them into mine.  The brakes will be swapped also.  It goes without
saying that the new canvas top will replace my perfectly good vinyl one.  Much of the interior trim and anything
that is better than mine and not crunched is going on mine.
Are there any mechanical or electrical differences between an 86 and an 89 that I need to look out for or plan
ahead for?  Everything looks the same  except the crunched car has air conditioning.  I am generally a
checkbook mechanic but this is an adventure that my wife and I plan to do ourselves and learn more about the
cars.
I am planning on keeping my old engine and tranny to rebuild later (and hotter) but I will have a ton of parts
for sale as this progresses.  Most of the parts will be from my old car so if you are on a budget e-mail me off
line.
Some things I know will be for sale:

Hood, trunk (painted non Alfa blue even underneath)
Doors (same blue even the jambs) with glass, mirrors, door panels, locks (complete units)
My vinyl top with the frame attached
Eventually (I want to keep it rolling as long as possible) 5 original daytona wheels (the original spare tire has
never been on the ground).
My old seats recovered in vinyl two years ago (mediocre job at best)
Lots of trim bits
Radiator
Old calipers
Dash
Hard Top
Use your imagination!

Besides helping me dismantle, my wife is meticulously gathering every nut, bolt, washer, whatever and bagging
everything and labeling it as well.  At first I was a little afraid to even mention bringing this thing home but she
seems more excited than me (well almost).  Truly blessed is what I am!

TIA for any info on model differences!  Off to the garage.

Kevin Smith
Nashville, TN

86 Spider (top of the transplant list)
89 Spider (pulling all life support)