Basic 89 Spider Questions (for a Friend)

Alfisti,

a friend has come into possession of an '89 Spider Quadrifoglio via the unusual
method of collateral for a business loan.  I have not seen the car, but by his
account it is in generally excellent condition.  However, it is missing one side
mirror, has a flat battery, and a somewhat worn top.  He has the choice of
driving the car for a while until the loan is paid off, or selling it to recoup
the money he loaned.  I am hoping he will drive it and become hooked.  Thus I am
trying to help him out as much as possible, but since I have never owned a
Spider I don't know much about them, and so I am forced to ask some rather basic
and no doubt oft repeated questions which I am sure I have seen before, but I
was not paying attention.  Please bear with me as I attempt an Alfista
conversion!

A quick check with IAP resulted in a price check of some $250 for a replacement
mirror, which seems high.  Are these mirrors power in an '89 Quad?  My catalog
shows a black mirror for an '89 Spider for under $30, so I am wondering why it
was quoted at so much more.  Also, any good sources for a cheaper replacement;
APE perhaps?

The flat battery is likely a result of lengthy winter storage without proper
precautions.  I see from a current thread that this is not an uncommon problem
on many Spiders due to excessive idle current drain from automatic belts and
such.  As for the top, it sounds like a PO (DPO?) didn't know about the towel
trick.  If he is interested I can direct him to IAP or Caribou (any others I
should consider?).

Lastly, I seem to remember a request for a URL to a good Spider site which would
explain the model differences and common problems, such as exists for the GTV6
and the 164.  Is there such a site?  If so, I would be grateful if someone could
send me the URL.

Many thanks,

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (resting)