Eliminating Slop From A 164S Shifter

Last year, the shifter in my 164S had about 1.5" front to back play in it.
This made shifting feel vague and sloppy. I did the usual (and painful)
replacement of the engagement rod joint bushing and the flexible coupling
bushing, but most of the slop remained. What took all the slop out of
shifting, and restored the crisp feel to the shifter was replacing the
shifter rod  (with the attached ball, which had worn away)) and the nylon
cup it sits in. The snag is, these parts are no longer available in the
States. Many thanks to Alfa Bill for sourcing these parts in Europe for me.
I would suggest that anyone with the same problem with their 164 get the
parts now, while they still exist.

Rich Lasner
92 164S Red
AROC