Selespeed for track use

I have a 156 Selespeed. The gearbox is virtually identical to that in the TS
save that first gear is slightly lower. As for the internals I understand
they are the same specs otherwise. It is just the automation of the shift
and the clutch which differs.  I could not see why this box like every other
Alfa one made can't take a merciless whipping and come back for more. I did
have an oil leak with it early on (casting fault on the casing faces) but
other than that no issues.

It takes some time to learn to drive it properly. You need to resist the
urge to pull back on the stick for 2nd and 4th changes. You need to learn to
use the buttons by instinct. You need to learn that you do not control the
clutch and downshift too early (a big rev surprise results). You need to
learn the meaning of "flat change".

Once it's second nature, it's magic.

Regds

Bill