Anyone know Royal Purple Synthetic

After breaking in my rebuilt 2.5 for 2.5k I think she's ready for a
Synthetic diet. I was ready to just go out and buy Mobil 1, but a buddy with
a Saab 9-5 recomended Royal Purple. http://www.royalpurple.com/pd/6.html

He said that the Oil temp in his 9-5 has dropped 5 to 10 degrees F after
using R.P.  Apparently the digest folks at SaabNET.com have been raving
about Royal Purple. http://www.saabnet.com/tsn/bb/9000/messages/30862.html

Any Advice Regarding Royal Purple vs. AmsOil vs. Mobil 1?

Will a compression test confirm that rings have properly seated?  I have not
experienced excessive oil consumption, but it would be nice to be sure the
rings are seated before I go Synthetic.

Also, SaabNET.com had good things to sayabout the Mobil1 Oil filters, but
Mobil only lists a fitment for the 3.0L V6 not the 2.5... are the filters
the same for the 2.5 & 3.0 ???

Thanks!

Jason Ball
87 Milano