Alfetta no longer spewing

I posted this Saturday morning but it didn't show up on the
digest.  So here it is again.

- ----------------

For those of you who helped me with my Alfetta problem, thank
you everso much.  I'll briefly update for anyone who may have
this problem in the future.  For those of you who have Spica
injected Alfetta GT's, once it's happen to one digester it's
sure to happen to another right quick.

I had a hesitation while accelerating and this was sporadic
for 3 days.  Then, it began to sound like it wasn't running
on all cylinders and backfiring on decel.  I thought it might
be fuel delivery so I replaced the main and the rear fuel
filter as my friendly Alfa parts counter guy, Doug, suggested.
(lucky me, I can still say that I have a place to get parts!)
The result was great fuel flow and gas coming from under the
air box, dripping on the curly hard steel fuel lines.  My
fellow Alfisti Zach in Redmond just happened to have an extra
Spica, complete with hard lines.  I rode out to his house and
got a look at his go-fastica, and his new bike.  I took the
lines off the spica unit and stuck them in my tank bag.  We
talked about our stuff, I sat in his 164, and off I went to
see if I could fit new lines on my car.  When I took off the
first two, there was a split in the old lines right by the
bracket that supports them.  So, problem is all fixed and
I'm very happy to have the brown Alfetta back on the road.

Thanks again Zach, it is such a cool thing when an Alfa
enthusiast is so generous and willing to help another
without hesitation.

I have always been convinced that these cars have spirit and
soul, but I didn't really know about their jealous side.  My
Alfetta broke right after I spent two days giving attention to
the Berlina and taking pictures of it in preparation to sell.
Sometimes I wonder if I own my car, or if my car owns me?

Kathy Jo