Alfie gets hit, a jewel of No.VA body shop is found.

Greetings Alfisti!
    It has been a depressing,yet funfilled past few weeks since my last post
to the digest.I've got an experience I'd like to share with
you...................................
    First, my beloved Alfie (87 Milano Gold, 138k miles)  got hit in the
parking lot of my office  2 weeks ago;I'd left it there overnight to take a
truck home and move a few things.Went back to work Saturday morning and found
the left side rear quarter panel wiped out,and a big puddle of fuel under the
car from a busted fuel line.Alfie was the victim of a hit and run. After
pitching the proverbial fit and utterly destroying a file cabinet in a fit of
anger,I call Geico, my insurance company.I carry liability only on the car,so
I filed a UM (uninsured motorist) claim.In VA, your deductible on a UM claim
with liability insurance only is $200........Since the car was undriveable,
Geico wanted to send a tow truck out to take the car to a body shop of my
choice.I said I'd tow it myself, and put it onto one of my tow units (pickup
truck/Tow dolly combo) and towed it to a local body shop.
    I towed it to a shop called D & V autobody in Chantilly,VA.(703) 478-9431
is their number,,I rent cars regularly for their customers there and they are
pleasant people to deal with.I'd just seen the work they did on a Land Rover
Defender they completed ($11k in rollover damage,I swear the car was rounded
on every corner!).Thought I'd give them a try.
    Geico came out and did the estimate at the shop, ($816.00 worth of
damage!).The main damage was the left rear quarter panel and the left
taillight,the bumper wasn't touched (a truck with a high bumper backed into
my car,I figure).
    I agreed to the estimate, gave them my $200 deductible, told the shop to
start work and went on a short few days of vacation back to Atlanta to see my
mother.One week after I came back, the shop called for me to come pick up my
car.I discovered that my car had been repaired beautifully,BOTH taillights
had been replaced (Only one was damaged,though!The other had a small stress
crack.)The trunk reflective strip had been replaced (it was rusty underneath
and wasn't part of the accident damage,but they got Geico to write it into
the estimate anyway!),my somewhat loose antenna had been tightened,the front
marker light lens that was off the car and under the seat had not only been
put back on but a new bulb had been replaced as well, a Verde spoiler I was
going to pay extra to have installed was not only installed but painted to
match the trim as well at no charge!;the hood of my car which I couldn't get
to set flat now set flat as it should;my upholstery was cleaned and the car
was buffed and detailed to the nth degree.The icing on the cake was the
envelope that contained my estimate,the final bill and a $100 bill;they only
charged me half of my deductible (I used this to replace the file cabinet)
Can you say PLEASED????????????
    Admittedly,we rent cars regularly in this shop,and I asked fo NO special
favors;but their service and attention to detail on my car as a customer were
outstanding.I'll recommend this shop to anyone with an Alfa;it's a small
family owned shop.And, they appreciate Alfas.I sat with Ron and Kevin at the
shop for an hour talking cars;Kevin has a show quality modified Honda Prelude
and Ron drives a baaaaaddd BMW M3.They know cars!   If your'e in the area and
need body work, take your Alfa there.Speak with Ron or Vena,you'll be
pleased.No financial interest;just a very happy customer.
    Alfie goes home every night now;go Alfa-less for 2 weeks.....that is what
I call pain.
Make life better, drive your Alfa!
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
(both 20 pounds heavier from repeated trips to the Varsity drive in and
Krystal,currently suffering glorified dog withrawal)
1987 Milano Gold (Alfie,safe at home)
1979 Alfetta Velocissima (Lazarus,getting ready for his makeover at the body
shop)
lots of rental cars (automotive equivalent of cattle)