Re: spider convertible latch adjustment

Robert Hardwick asked about a difficult to latch Spider top. Here is my take.

No tension adjustment. If you find the top too tight to latch, park it in the
sun for a while with the top mostly up. Won't be long and you will be able to
latch it fine.

I just installed a new top and, indeed, the only way to get the tension right
is where you screw it in at the back. (This assumes that you did not mess up
the front.) The cables to which you refer have little or nothing to do with
top tension. From what I can tell, they help keep the edges above the windows
from flapping in the wind.

Hope this helps.

Bob Rice
Tampa FL