Re: alfa-digest V7 #1415

alfa@domain.elided writes:

>Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:36:15 EST
>From: Eini123@domain.elided
>Subject: Volatge Regulator Installation Help
>
>I got my new volatage regulator from Fred Di Matteo today for my 1986
>GTV-6.
>Now that I got this thing, HOW DO I PUT IT IN?
>If anyone could give me the *idiots guide* instructions to installing
>this
>that would be great.
>Thanks alot,
>Jeff Einhorn
>1986 GTV6 awaiting voltage regulator
>1969 GTV waiting for my spring break

Cant quite recall what I did but I did it without taking out the alt.  On
a 82 GTV6, I think I used a short screw driver or one of those L-shaped
ones or maybe 3/4 breaker bar with a flat blade socket.  Getting it off is
the easy part.  It is a little tricky starting the screw back in while you
hold it in place.  I think I did the bottom (tough one) screw first. Just
get it started and then do the other screw.  Then tighten both down.  It
is doable.  Grab a beer - make that a six pack - and work at it.  You
could take the alt out but that seems to be more trouble.