Racing games for the PC

IMHO the best racing game for the PC is Grand Prix 2.  It has been out for a
few years and the graphics are not as slick as some of the newer games, but
if you are interested in setting up your own suspension for and GP car with
all its frustrations and joys, let alone racing, this is the game for you.
It is set in the 1994 season and you can race the full F1 season.

GP2 is also possibly the most hacked game ever,  download the right software
and you can design your own car, or download a predesigned car.  Want to
improve the power of your car or reduce the grip to simulate grooved tyres -
no problem.  Don't want to drive the 1994 tracks - design your own or
download a number of other tracks.  Want to race other people - join a racing
league.  You can try other peoples suspension set-up's or post your own.
There are no cheats only the joy of getting that perfect set-up and lap time
and of course winning a race.

I have tried TOCA, Colin McRae etc, they are all good games, but I always go
back to GP2.  It is the most satisfying racing sim out there.  It is cheap to
buy but after years of playing it, I am still trying to master the game.  It
is claimed that Jacque Villenuve (spelling ?) used this game to learn the
tracks when he joined F1.

Steve
164 TS
Cumbria UK