re: alfa diesels

Ok, I feel the need to weigh in here.

200 lbs.

Oh, wait. uhhh... actually I had the pleasure of driving a 146 1.9JTD for
three days last summer (from Belgium to the Nurburgring and back). I would
have to agree with John Griffith in his comments about the 2.4 JTD.
Surprisingly good power (but you really had to get your foot in it or it
wouldn't take off) and a wide power band. The noise of the thing was the only
detraction. If you were closer to being deaf than I am you might not even
know the difference! (Mabel, it sounds like this damn thing is pinging...is
it? What? I can't hear ya honey.) Drove more like a gas engine than any
diesel I've ever driven (I won't even admit which cruddy oilburners I used to
own). Still, I wouldn't own one but they sell like handguns at a school in
Belgium and italy and france... Us provincial Amuricuns keep furrgitin' how
good we have it with fuel prices.... So on your wages as a boulanger you can
afford to buy a Renault diesel or an Alfa diesel... which one ya gunna buy?
Rrrrright!

Michael Williams
Secretary, DSARC
Sacramento, California US of A