NLA cigarette seals? Loctite 510

I am in the process of replacing the cigarette seals in my newly acquired
164.  I went to my favorite parts source, our local Alfa Dealer RT GT, and
was informed that the cigarette seal has been superseded by a Loctite
product.  Loctite 510 to be exact.  So I bought a small bottle (50 ml) of
this sealant.  The bottle has a nozzle and compressible end, allowing the
sealant to be easily applied.  The sealant is pink in color and very
viscous.  Not quite like RTV, but very close.

It is apparently a high temperature anaerobic (cures with the lack of
oxygen) sealant.  Apparently able to seal a gap of up to 0.4 mm (almost
0.016").  You can get more information at
http://www.loctite.com/datasheets/tds/product510.pdf

So can anyone tell me if I just fill the whole cigarette seal "volume" with
the stuff? Kinda tough with the engine in the car.  I assume I will have to
"pressurize" the fluid some to get the sealant into the gap between the main
bearing cap and the block.  Should I use the old cigarette seal to minimize
the amount of sealant?

Any input welcomed.

Erik Roe
164L (why did I buy this oil leaking complex car?)
Milano
'66 Spider
'60 Spider