Alfetta spewing gas

I need some help here.  David's working in another state right
now (with all the good tools) and I have to get my Alfetta
fixed asap.  I can do nearly anything with a little guidance,
I have just about all I need but I wanted to see if anyone here
has had this problem and what the remedy was.

Car is a 1979 Spica injected Alfetta GT.

I felt some hesitation while accelerating last week at freeway
speed, then in town it wanted to overheat and backfire on
deceleration.  The next day, I went to start it and the fuel
pressure light went on, and I couldn't hear the fuel pump.
I replaced a blown fuse and bvrooom, starts right up.  Still
runs sickly, but fuel pressure light isn't going on.  Having
the notion that it was trying to tell me something, I went
down to Seattle Ferrari and talked to Doug.  He thought if
it's a fuel delivery problem, start with all new filters so
I could rule that out as a cause and maybe fix it altogether.
Sounds good.  That night on the way home the poor thing sounded
like a single engine airplane (loud in a bad way) and was very
underpowered.  I pulled it into the garage and found that gas
was leaking from somewhere and leaving a puddle on the floor.

Next morning, I changed the main fuel filter, and the one under
the back of the car.  I also cleaned the connections at the
fuel pump, looked at the condition of all of the hoses and
made sure all were ok.  After having the unpleasant experience
of gasoline running over my hand, down my arm and proceeding to
other extremities, I was really over being girly mechanic.
(Note to self: next time use bigger bolt to plug the fuel line)

So, I start it up.  Still sounds like a Cessna.  I fuel
pressure light is on at first, then goes off.  I realize that
this is the way it should be, but in the past it's never gone
on at all upon starting the car.  Only when it's completely
starved for fuel.  I smell gasoline, I get out and see gasoline
still puddling under the car.  I'm not happy.  I'm potentially
even more volitile than normal with the amount of gas I've
absorbed through my skin and inhaled, I decide a cigarette
would not be a prudent choice and opt for a soak in the tub
and some dinner.  Before leaving the damn thing for the night,
I tried to determine where the gas was coming from and all I
can figure out is that it has to be up under and behind the
air cleaner where the hard lines come out of the manifold.  I
can't see any leaks coming from the spica unit itself, and it's
dripping from above.  Now that I have improved the fuel flow,
I not only hear the fuel pump when I turn the car on, but now
a distinct whistling noise is chiming in from the area of the
spica pump and under the air cleaner.

I talked to my long distance mechanic last night and he
suggested I start with checking for leaks coming from the hard
fuel lines.  Oh dammit, please don't let it be that, I don't
know if I can fix that!  (I seem to have also developed a
'contact whine')  So, now you are all up to speed on my sad
story and my question is this.... have any of you had this
problem and could you give some advise on what you did to
fix it?  Zach, if you decide not to race your car (race, race,
race!) I want to talk to you.

Thanks to everyone for any info you may see fit to share.  I
have already searched the archives with unsuccessful results
so forgive me if I missed this being discussed in the past.
Not that opening old wounds and rehashing dead subjects is
exactly an anomoly here lately.

Kathy Jo