No new ALfa's in the US

Being New to the Digest I have been reading through the correspondence
and is it true that Alfa Romeo has stopped selling new cars in the US.
When did this happen?

Living in the UK I feel sorry if this has happened as it would mean that
you would not have access to the superb 166 &156.  I have had the
opportunity to test drive the 166 and am now saving my pennies hard to
try and afford one, even if petrol (gas) has taken another hike in price
over here to the equivalent of $6 a UK gallon.

Is there no one out there who is attempting to do what happens a lot in
Europe and invest in the "grey" import option.  Hopefully ARI will
reconsider at some point and re-market the Marque as well as they have
in the UK to make the US a viable option again.