Re: Alfa and Colin's logo

Couple of points...
ARI (ARDONA) is in Orlando, and there is nothing in Chicago
anymore.

They have a crew of 2 full time and 1 part time person in
the office.

They have every right to enforce their copyright and I am
surprised so many people have become emotional about this.
While Colin has done a great job with the 164 FAQ page, he
was using a logo that is copyrighted. Based on what we have
seen in the last 2 days, they need to enforce their
copyright. How it could negatively affect them, I don't know
but I am sure they have their reasons.

Alfa (ARI) currently seems to do the best they can with what
they've got to work with. Throwing insults and such does
nothing to help the situation. If you don't like things with
Alfa (US) here, imagine what it will be like without them.
You won't like the prices, I promise... (ie: GTV6 coolant
bottles) I know they think I am quite nuts with my idea of
making an Alfa parts empire (grin) but they seem to laugh
with me most of the time... (at least I like to think so).

Listen, I can think of a couple ways to say what Mr Brugnoli
said in a more diplomatic fashion, but he said it and he's
correct. The best way to handle this is to drop it, get on
with life and enjoy your Alfa. I'd love to see these guys
involved in our forum, but can you blame them for being out
of it when they see this sort of response? I doubt he made
the decision to pull Alfa out, or to enforce copyrights, so
why kill the messenger? Remember, everybody's got a boss...

Ralph Fetsch is correct. ARI has bent over backwards for
some folks (164 owners esp.)to make them happy. It's a lousy
situation in this market, but it's the only situation we've
got. Unfortunately, I understand Terry is no longer on hand
at ARI, which is a great loss, especially for repair shops
like us.

So, bury the negative stuff, and go out and redline your
favorite Alfa(s). Life goes on. Let's enkjoy the ride while
it lasts.
- --
*Bill Harkell				           *
*Internet Manager				   *