RE: responses, lights, gauges, tangled handbrakes,

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:06:46 -0500
> From: Joe Elliott <jelliott@domain.elided>
> Subject: responses, lights, gauges, tangled handbrakes,
> Mitsubishis, etc
>
>   Please don't laugh at this question, but is there some
> connection between
> Lancia and Mitsubishi?

The only connection I can think of (which is not really a connection) is
that Mitsubishi has a model called Lancer which often gets confused with a
Lancia. Often, you see in the papers Lancer Beta For Sale or Mitsubishi
Lancia For Sale (well here in Oz anyway). Apart from that, I have never
heard of any link between the two. The Sigma was just another boring sedan
(I should know, I had 2 of them) which was known as a Galant in Japan and a
Lonsdale in England (named after the factory in South Australia that built
them). The use of a Greek letter was pure coincidence or wishful thinking on
Mitsubishis part that they could compete with a Beta.

Tony