Spider wind wing latches

Ed Lutz asks:

Both the little wind wing latches from my 74 Spider live in the glove
box.
Whats the recommended cement to use to stick these little suckers back
on
in their proper location?

*****************

I've used the rearview mirror adhesive (Pep Boys, etc.) with fairly good
luck. Since they've been on client cars, can't verify how long they've
lasted. Recently one popped off shortly after 'affixing'. I put a fresh
sheet of (?) 240 grit sand paper on a flat surface and in a few strokes
realized it was badly cupped. A good half hour of careful sanding it was
perfectly smooth / flat and stayed on (at least until the client picked
it up). I'd bet it's still attached.

I made circle 'guides' out of masking tape; closed the vent window; made
sure the closing mechanism was in the correct position; and then
positioned the unit so that when closed, the latch just overlapped
barely enough to clamp shut. Put the circle guide on the outside of the
glass; thoroughly cleaned the inside with lacquer (or acetone); followed
the 2-part adhesive directions to the letter; stuck her down; waited a
day before testing.

Perhaps super glue might work as well or even better. Somehow it seems
to me that anything 2-part is better / stronger (it certainly 'kicks in'
faster) than 1-part. Maybe not.

Biba
Irwindale CA, USA