Re: alfa-digest V7 #1395

In a message dated 02/27/2000 8:22:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Both the little wind wing latches from my 74 Spider live in the glove box.
 Whats the recommended cement to use to stick these little suckers back on
 in their proper location?

In 14 years of trying I was never able to find an adhesive that would
successfully reattach the latches to the glass.  Perhaps there is something
available now.  Forget rearview mirror adhesive, superglue, clear caulk,
Elmer's, Duocoa cement, architectural adhesive meant to attach two
unsupported sheets of plate glass at an angle.  There is something in a tube
called (I believe) Instead of Nails (nor similar cute name for construction
glue) that may or may not work.  At Pinninfarina they apparently use
something they buy on another planet, or perhaps they found a pot of
something left over in Antonio Stradivari's workshop and made from an extinct
fish.  However, as your car shows, it is also not always permanent.

If you find something that works, please share the info!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA

84 GTV6 (problem: keeping the rearview stuck on the windshield)
91 Spider (windwing latches still intacto)