75's unknown switch

On the my 75's ARC (alfa romeo control) there's a switch I don't really know
what's for.
IT's a slide switch (sliding vertically) located on the higher left part
of the ARC, just in the warning lamp panel.  The icon printed over it is
something like a DOT with some parenthesis, like it was a speaker or
whatever.
I also got the ARC off the panel and checked inside. This switch is a
bridge over
two wires going straight to the ARC's motherboard. From there, I can see 2
printed board lines going to one of the 2 main ARC's plugs. At the end, I saw
this switch is a bridge between the PINK/WHITE and the GREEN/WHITE wires
arriving
to ARC's plug.
Ah, I forgot... the switch connects these 2 wires passing through a lamp on
the
function lights panel:  it's RED and has the same ICON as the switch (it's
placed where the CHOCKE one is on the 1600cc, or where, in other version,
there's the ABS lite)
I tried to activate the switch, but nothing happens.

Any idea??

nodoubt,
937 landpilot
A lifetime isn't enough