Re: GTV 2000 carb Q's

>>into the end of the manifold casting. If the upper hose comes out of
>>a more traditional bolted on thermostat housing, you have a 2 liter
>>manifold and the receipts are wrong, or the whole story hasn't been
>>told. What kind of air box does the car have? Most likely, it's a
Simon,
     Thanks for the info.  I was trying to get a head start on
diagnostics this year, so I can't look at the car yet; it's still away
for the winter (remote location).  I think I recall the t'stat being
bolted on, so maybe the P.O. switched manifolds (the paperwork I've got
is from 2 owners ago).  Previous owner was my grandfather, and before
that my uncle, but only the paperwork remembers anything (and even it
can't always be trusted).
	I don't have an airbox - I've just got bug eye looking filters on the
carbs, same as the ones sold with the IAP carb conversion kit.  I know
my grandfather had a hell of a time getting the car to run after
inheriting it from my uncle - a guess is that maybe he ditched the
original carbs and I've got a full kit from IAP (other parts like fuel
regulator look the same as well).  If that's the case I'll leave well
enough alone.  So I'll check the jets and hop back on the Digest in a
month with better info.  Thanks...

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV 2000