Re: alfa-digest V7 #1388

In a message dated 02/24/2000 3:14:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I always leave my top down because thieves will cut through the top
 to break into the car, but I lock my glove box because the door is slightly
 warped and I want a new one :-)  >>

The glove compartment door on my 1750 spider didn't warp in 21 years, 14 of
them that I know of in which the top was almost never up... the door on the
91 is a warped mess, and also appears to be a slightly different shape.  I'm
told the construction is somewhat different as well.

BUT DON'T RUSH OUT TO REPLACE THOSE SPIDER GLOVE BOX DOORS JUST YET!

A fellow AROSC member has devised a clever way to straighten out your warped
later model spider glove box doors.  He did his and it looks like new (or
better). Together, we are planning to write a photo-illustrated article for
the Alfa Owner (monthly magazine of the AROC of the USA) as we perform the
same operation on mine.

Stay tuned!

Charlie
LA, CA, USA