Re: how to repair a Milano/75 headlamp/light (or worse)

Jorge asked about repairing a chipped headlight, eliciting replies from John
Katos and doug sedon. I have no direct knowledge, but before I shipped my
back issues of "Racecar Engineering" magazine to a friend I photocopied a few
ineresting culls. One (in Volume 7 #1) was on windscreen repairs for Class 1
Touring Car and Super Touring teams by a British company called Esprit, using
a resin system originally developed in the USA but further developed and now
used around the world. I was particularly impressed that "the windscreen of
one of the GT racecars running in the 1996 Le Mans 24 hours had been repaired
no fewer than twenty times - - " and also that "The equipment meets or
exceeds the British Standard for screen repairs (BSAU251-1994) and has ISO
9002 international certification." (So, I snow easily - -) The process was
involved enough, with particular resins, pressures, vacuums, UV lamps and
fixtures that I wouldn't want to try to describe it, let alone do it, but it
suggests that there are professionals (and equipment) around which can far
surpass anything I could hope to accomplish with a tube of epoxy from K-Mart.
A quick check of the phone book suggested that even in this relatively small
town there are dozens of businesses worth checking out.

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.